Monday, August 6, 2007

Welcome to Rocco's World

Rocco is our puppy. Puppy is a relative term, as he is 11-months old and just over 100-lbs. He has serious behavioral issues. Yes, I know he is a puppy, and puppies are expected to have serious behavioral issues. But he DOES know better. I know this is true because when he gets into his daily dose of trouble and gets caught in the act, he either looks guilty, or he hides under the dining room table. This proves to me that he knows the difference between right and wrong. He just chooses wrong because its more interesting.
Last night I was laying on the couch watching TV. I heard a "rippppppp" sound and immediately sat up. When you hear an out-of-the ordinary sound in my house, 9 times out of 10, Rocco is getting into some form of mischief. I jumped up and noticed Rocco had an oddly shaped, flat white paper type of material in his mouth. I took it from him, inspected it, and then began our daily ritual of trying to find out what Rocco had in his mouth.
You would be surprised how the most everyday household item is almost impossible to identify after Rocco has chewed it to pieces.
I took the foriegn material and began to look around, trying to figure out what it was.
And then I saw it.
He had literally ripped the paint off the wall in the hallway. Yep. My house is 80-years old, and it looks like there was some type of fabric under the paint, but nonetheless, the wall is missing a chunk of paint.
How could he have ripped the paint off the wall in 5-seconds, and kept the giant piece intact?
Only Rocco knows for sure.

No comments: