Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Rocco Diet

Is there a link between food cravings and nutritional requirements? Because if there is, Rocco’s diet is seriously lacking 100% Olefin quality loop pile carpet.
Because, yes, he chewed up another rug.
Rebecca, it’s your fault. She sent me an email from Alabama, with her tough as nails southern charm, gently suggesting that MAYBE Rocco tore up the feather bed because the floor was too hard for his delicate horse-like body.
So I fell for it, again.
Yesterday I went to The Family Dollar Store (where nothing is REALLY one dollar) and bought a $20 5 x 7 rug for Rocco to sleep on.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For some reason, I snapped a picture of it as I went to bed last night.
Isn’t it just, well, pristine?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

At 2am my husband went to bed and locked Rocco in the kitchen with his brand spanking new, pure and unsullied carpet.
THREE HOURS LATER, I had just woken up and was getting into the shower when I looked into the kitchen and noticed THE FACE.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Then I noticed the new rug.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I guess the positive is when he does destroy something, he TRULY destroys it.
Our boy Rocco gave 100% to the 100% Olefin carpet.
Thanks, Rebecca.
You owe me $20.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay this post made me burtst out laughing at my desk!! The FACE!!! I think we all knew where the story was going ... Rocco probably thought it was very generous of you to provide him with a brand-new chew toy :)

And isn't that the truth about the dollar store?!

Rebecca said...

Well, that theory's blown to hell!! Um, maybe it's dental floss that the boy needs!!?? Yeah, that's my new position, dental floss (hee-hee)! How can ya beat him when he's just so darn cute with that little guilty look?? (Disclaimer: This blogger does NOT beat her dogs nor do any/most of the readers of said blog.) :)

Anonymous said...

Like Karen said, I burst out laughing when I read it.

"Rocco, Rocco, he's our man, if he WON'T eat it, no one can"!!