Friday, August 10, 2007

A much needed walk and a beer

It has been in the 90's for the past 2-weeks here in Chicago. The heat is unbearable, the humidity is unbearable, and Rocco (and Molly) being cooped up in the house during this heat wave is unbearable.
So we bit the bullet yesterday and took them for a short walk. It was still very warm last night, but they needed to get out and stretch their legs.
They bolted out of the house, and for the first first 2 blocks, they dragged us down the street like they were race horses. I think I might actually have dislocated my shoulder. Molly was pulling me (dragging me) at a far faster speed than I have ever been capable of walking/running/sprinting. After a while (thankfully) they both calmed down and it became a walk and not a sprint.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After several blocks, we walked past our little neighborhood bar. The dogs were parched, my husband was parched, and I had my camera and a great photo op.
Here is my thirsty crew, outside the bar.....

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And although the picture quality is seriously lacking, this is my husband sitting at the bar with a draft beer, and Rocco with his front paws on a bar stool, enjoying the air conditioning. Theresa (the bartender) gave Rocco and Molly water, so for this moment in time, everyone was happy.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

After 10-minutes, when everyone was cooled off and their thirst was quenched, we were able to begin our leisurely stroll back home. And thankfully it was a stroll.
My dislocated shoulder was very grateful.

No comments: