Friday, August 17, 2007

Puppy Love

My husband and I are dog lovers. We both grew up in families with dogs. We will never be a dog free household. That's just not us.
We got Moose just after we moved into our house. He was an 8-week old Rottweiler/Shepard mix puppy, that grew into a big and majestic, protective and loving companion. He was only 6-years old when we found out he had cancer, and we lost him one week later.
We were distraught and inconsolable.
We love our dogs. We dress them up at Halloween and send Christmas cards out every year with our pictures on them.
Dogs are our life.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I was not going to have another dog. No way. The pain in my heart from losing Moose was unbearable. I missed my boy.
But my husband and Molly had different plans.
Molly, our black Lab, missed Moose. She would look for him everyday and it was heartbreaking. My husband missed his big dog, too. So they wore me down, one day at a time.
My husband found Rocco at the Humane Society. His name was Isaac, and my husband would stop on his way home from work everyday to visit the puppy. He always had stories. "Isaac did this...." and "Isaac did that....".
I should have seen the writing on the wall. There was a blog in the works while he was still named Isaac and living at The Humane Society!
Two weeks later Isaac came home with us....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And eventually became Rocco. The furniture chewing, garbage eating, stealing-food-off-the-counter dog that fills our home with enough adventures to earn his own blog.
Because it really is Rocco's Realm, isn't it?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: