Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Garbagitis

Yep, this is really a word. Its a non-medical term (duh) to describe the inappropriate things that pets eat.
Rocco has a serious case of Garbagitis.
He has eaten, in no particular order, rocks, dirt, flowers, crazy glue, sticks, matches, our mail, socks, plastic wrap, a tupperware bowl, rugs, toilet paper off the roll, DVD cases, a bottle of Visine, my new sandals, my sunglasses, a container of cottage cheese, the phone book, our baseboards, the heel off my new shoe, and his recent fixation-the wooden drawer handles on our kitchen island. I have caught him with my cell phone in his mouth, a checkbook in his mouth, and recently prevented him from eating the remote control for our DIRECTV. If that remote was eaten, both Rocco and I would be homeless. My husband loves that remote more than he does us. But I digress.
We use baby gates to confine Rocco, even sometimes when we are home. Baby gates are worth their weight in gold at my house, as Rocco is large enough to take things off the counters, the dressers, and the dining room table. He has even taken dirty dishes out of the sink.
A dog with garbagitis cannot be trusted.
Especially if his name is Rocco.

No comments: