Friday, August 10, 2007

One Sock at a Time

Rocco likes to eat socks. Well truthfully, Rocco will eat anything, but he especially likes socks. Rocco is not a sock snob. He is an equal opportunity sock chewer. Clean socks, dirty socks, my husbands socks, my socks...any sock is fair game in our house.
I was just home to feed Rocco and Molly on my lunch hour. Rocco is confined to a spare bedroom when we are not home, because as you all know by now, he cannot be trusted.The spare room has a comfy futon and all his toys. He should be in doggie heaven!
But I walk in today to find him chewing....(drum roll).... a sock, then trying to make a run for it when I tried to take it from him.
I have documented it for you. Please note the abundance of ignored dog toys scattered about, least you think he is doing this out of boredom.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is my theory. Rocco LOVES my husband. He loves me, too, but he LOVES my husband. I think Rocco is only eating my things, trying to get rid of me one item at a time, so he can have my husband to himself.
Just a thought.

Edited...I just told my husband this theory, and he thinks I have TRAINED Rocco to only eat my things so that I will have to purchase a new wardrobe for myself. Funny guy.
AS IF Rocco was train-able. Hmph.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

You are BRILLIANT!!! I think you should right a "Rocco Takes New York" book :) Love the daily updates on the cutest dog in the Mid-west!

XOXO
Rebecca