Thursday, August 16, 2007

The houseguest

We watched my brothers yellow Lab, Nala, for the past few days.
Rocco, the big-dog-in-charge, is an emotional mess when she is here.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I am his "mama". I spoil him and take care him. Yes, I yell at him and punish him, but in the end, he is my big baby.
When Nala is here, I give her extra TLC.
This makes Rocco crazy. Because in Rocco's world, his mama is only supposed to pay attention to him.
Period.
The other day I was sitting on the couch and Nala was curled up partially on my lap. Rocco decided that he had enough, so he tried to climb his 100-lb body BETWEEN me and Nala. Of course, there was no camera around, so we missed that picture.
But I can guarantee you that it was funny to have two big dogs vying for my attention, both trying to sit on my lap, trying to nudge the other one away. But in the end Nala won, and Rocco sat with my husband and ignored me for the rest of the evening.
He's like that sometimes.
Nala is home now after her mini vacation with us, and Rocco is back to being Rocco.

This is Nala.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This Nala and her buddy, Molly. They really get along well!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's all three...Rocco, Molly and Nala. If you have ever tried to get THREE dogs to sit still for a picture, than you can appreciate this moment. Truthfully, my husband was standing out of the frame, holding a piece of cheese.
Each of these dogs would sell their soul for cheese.
But that's another post.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

You're keeping a good pace - 14 blog entries and it's only the 16th of the month.

And the fact that you grabbed your camera and posted at 3:45 AM? That just shows your dedication to the fine art of blogging.

Keep it up!!

Emily said...

Love the cheese pic. Good doggies. Linda, right now, more than anything in the world, I want to come over and have Nala, and Rocco, and Molly lick my face. I could use me some puppy love. Nothing would make me feel better.