Friday, November 30, 2007

Today....

I had two errands to run.
First, I had to return some wallpaper border to Menard's. I had 4-rolls of border that were not sticking to the hallway wall. When I got to Menard's and opened the bag, there were only 3-rolls. I thought maybe I lost the lone roll in the car, and I truly didn't think twice about it.
Then I ran to JC Penney. I picked up a VERY CUTE stuffed animal for my friends' daughters' first birthday.
When I walked in the house, I saw that Rocco-the-thief had removed that lone roll of border from the bag on the table, and it was chewed and stuck in a million pieces to the carpet in the spare bedroom.
Apparently there WAS adhesive on those rolls.
After admonishing Rocco, I started to wrap a few things to go to the Post Office. When I went to get the stuffed animal from the bag, it was gone. Rocco had removed it from the bag and chewed a big hole in the sweet lions head.
In about 2-minutes.
He has been hiding under the dining room table for the past 2-hours since I went on a screaming vent that you could hear 2-blocks away.
Now Brooke Elizabeth will have to wait for her birthday lion to be replaced, and Rocco is on double secret probation.
So I started thinking....
You remember the Jody Foster movie "Panic Room", where she has a safe, protected room from intruders in her home?
I need one of those.
Where else am I going to hide Christmas presents from Rocco?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um Rocco, Brooke would like to have a word with you....