Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving preparations

I have been preparing for Thanksgiving. Well, preparing isn't probably the right word.
Here is an example.
Yesterday I cleaned the china cabinet. Normally a 1/2 hour job, right?
This year, much, much longer.
I would take items from the first shelf of the cabinet, dust them off and place them on the dining room table while I wiped down the shelf. Well, that was the master plan, anyway.
Until Rocco got involved.
He would grab anything that he could off the table while my head was turned. Cloth napkins, napkin rings, silk flowers, candles....anything he could reach, he would steal. Then he would quietly take that item into the living room and chew it to pieces.
So this was the reality of the situation.
Me: Putting a napkin on the table.
Rocco: Stealing said napkin 10-seconds later.
Me: Chasing him thru the house, yelling "Bad boy! BAD BOY" at the top of my lungs.
This went on all afternoon. Every time I thought he was behaving, he wasn't. If it was quiet, he was just being sneaky.

Today, I am cleaning out the pots and pans cabinet. HOPEFULLY he won't be carrying around a 21-qt stock pot in his mouth today.
Well, on second thought....

Anyway....Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the T-day laugh! I can so easily picture Rocco with a stock pot in his mouth ;)